Punta della Dogana
Inaugurated in 2006 and 2009, Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana are the two contemporary art museums of the Pinault Collection in Venice . Characterized by exceptional architecture, the two historic buildings have been restored by the Japanese architect Tadao Ando to present large group and monographic exhibitions.
The vocation of Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana is to share knowledge and love for contemporary art with the public and to deepen the privileged relationship that the Pinault Collection has developed with artists, through the creation of works specially conceived for its spaces. A policy of inclusion and accessibility applied to the services and activities offered by the two museums and a continuous and varied cultural offer allow the two museums to open up to a wide public. Since 2013, the Teatrino di Palazzo Grassi has strengthened this broad artistic and cultural program thanks to an intense calendar of events - conferences, concerts, screenings, workshops and masterclasses.
Built on the Grand Canal between 1748 and 1772 by the architect Giorgio Massari , since its reopening in 2006 Palazzo Grassi has hosted numerous temporary exhibitions of contemporary art, including monographs by artists such as Luc Tuymans, Albert Oehlen, Damien Hirst, Sigmar Polke, Martial Raysse, Irving Penn, Rudolf Stingel and Urs Fischer.