spinner-caricamento
Share
Peggy Guggenheim Collection

Peggy Guggenheim Collection

The Peggy Guggenheim Collection is a museum of 20th century modern art created by the American patron Peggy Guggenheim (1898-1979). In 1948 the collection was exhibited at the first postwar Venice Biennale. It was then that Peggy Guggenheim bought Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, an unfinished eighteenth-century palace on the Grand Canal where she would have lived for 30 years, and now home to her museum where it is possible to admire the works of the great masters of the twentieth century including Jean Arp, Umberto Boccioni, Alexander Calder, Marcel Duchamp, Max Ernst, René Magritte, Joan Miró, Pablo Picasso, Jackson Pollock, Germaine Richier, Gino Severini, Clyfford Still, Emilio Vedova, and many other avant-garde artists of that era. The museum hosts temporary exhibitions annually. The Peggy Guggenheim Collection is owned by the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation which also manages the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York.

Since October 2012, the Peggy Guggenheim Collection has hosted 80 works of post-World War II Italian, European and American art, bequeathed by the American collector Hannelore B. Schulhof and her husband Rudolph B. Schulhof to the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation in New York.

Gallery

Permanent Collection

Timetable and tickets

Address

Dorsoduro 701
30123 Venezia

Contacts


Other museums in Venezia

Related searches

You don't know about Artsupp yet?

Artsupp is the new museum portal that was born to bring together all the highlights from the world of art and Italian museums on a single platform.

About us