The Provincial Art Gallery of Salerno is housed in the historic Palazzo Pinto, a noble residence located in the ancient center of Salerno. Inaugurated in March 2001, in its current location, the Provincial Art Gallery began to be formed between 1927 and 1938, thanks to the recovery, throughout the Salerno area, of works dating from the fifteenth to the eighteenth century, to which other paintings were added over time. , through purchases or bequests, which have joined the Pinto Collection, part of the donation of the homonymous building. Open to the public there are works ranging from the Renaissance to the first half of the twentieth century. In the Renaissance section, the tables by Andrea Sabatini da Salerno and the Master of the Coronation of Eboli are valuable. Of great interest are the seventeenth-century paintings by Giovanni Battista Caracciolo, Andrea De Lioni, Carlo Rosa. The paintings by Francesco Solimena and his Academy are from the eighteenth century. There are many paintings by Salerno painters and the so-called costaioli, who lived between the second half of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. A section is dedicated to foreign artists, of particular importance in a province like that of Salerno which from Cilento to the Amalfi Coast was crossed by the heirs of the Grand Tour and formed as a result of numerous bequests, donated by relatives or friends of the artists who created the works exhibited such as those Stefan Andres, Kurt Craemer, Richard Dölker, Monica Hannasch, Irene Kowaliska, Bruno Marquardt, Vassilij Necitailov, Lisel Oppel, Karli Sohn - Rethel, Michael Theile, Peter Willburger. The Pinacoteca hosts, in addition to its collection, exhibitions and events of national and international scope with collections and works of art from private collections, from museums and from the various collections owned by the same Province, which will be permanently placed with the expansion of the premises of Palazzo Pinto.