The Villa Farnesina is located in via Lungara in Rome, in the heart of Trastevere. And 'one of the most refined, harmonious buildings of the Italian Renaissance, commissioned by Agostino Chigi architect Baldassare Peruzzi, and frescoed with paintings inspired by classical myths by Raphael, Sebastiano del Piombo, Giovanni da Udine, Giovanni Bazzi called Sodoma, Giulio Romano and Gianfrancesco Penni. The villa is now the seat of the Academy of Lincei representation. It was built from 1506 to 1512 by the young Baldassarre Peruzzi for the rich Sienese banker Agostino Chigi, the great patron and a leading figure in the early sixteenth century Rome, who had amassed a great fortune from the proceeds of the sale of alum of Tolfa and who enjoyed the protection Pope Julius II. Villa Farnesina, which was then simply called Villa Chigi, was the first suburban noble villa in Rome and was from the beginning a great prominence, coming soon quoted and imitated. With the death of Chigi, in 1520, the villa decayed and was depleted of the furniture and works of art. In 1580 it was bought by Cardinal Alessandro Farnese and had thus its present name.