The Egyptology collections are located in the historic center of the city of Pisa. Collections Egyptology at the University of Pisa today represent a point of reference for scholars and lovers of archeology and history of ancient Egypt to the value of its findings, especially those coming from ancient Nubia, largely fruit of the excavations carried out under the auspices of the University of Pisa. The Egyptology Collections born in 1962, thanks to an initial donation from Laura Birga Picozzi, descendant of the family of Ippolito Rosellini, the Italian founder of Egyptology: along with JF Champollion, for he led the famous Franco-Tuscan Shipping Egypt and Nubia (1828-1829), the basis for the study of ancient Egypt. At Picozzi Collection was added in 1964, the Collection Schiff Giorgini, consisting of about four hundred objects, some of exceptional value, from the excavations conducted by Michela Schiff Giorgini in Sudan under the auspices of the University of Pisa. In 1968 the company acquired the collection Ostraka Oxyrhynchus, fifteen hundred fragments of earthenware (formerly used as a support desk), inscribed with demotic texts illustrating the life of a small oasis in Egypt Roman. also they form part of the Archive Collections Egyptology A. E. Breccia, donated to the University of Pisa by the wife of the scholar in 1967, and other material from the excavations in Egypt at the University of Pisa or donated by private individuals. Since the beginning of the emergency, the Museum System of the University and also Egyptology collections have enhanced their virtual part, becoming SMArt, proposing new digital content to accompany the discovery of museums.