The Castle of Bonoris
Built between 1891 and 1905 on pre-existing medieval ruins, the Bonoris Castle is one of the most important neo-Gothic architectural examples in Lombardy. The manor was commissioned by Count Gaetano Bonoris (1861-1923) to make it his home and purchase from the municipality of Montichiari in 1996. The castle, surrounded by a large park, stands on the hill of San Pancrazio, scenically dominating the historic core of the city, with towers and crenellated walls made with great attention to defensive details: machicolations, retractable shutters, moats and drawbridges. Inside, the richness of the materials, fresco decorations and period furnishings stand out. Do not miss the surprise of a secret safe discovered on the death of the Count.