Archaeological Museum Filippo Ferrari
The Archaeological Museum "Filippo Ferrari" is located in the historical center of Guardiagrele, in the province of Chieti. The Museum was inaugurated in 1999 and is housed in six local municipal building before the former Franciscan monastery. The Museum was dedicated to Philip Ferrari, who in 1913 discovered the necropolis of Comino and they started the excavations. The collection consists mostly of funerary objects found in burial mounds of the necropolis. Among the most important finds stands out the "Stele of Guardiagrele", a limestone slab with reproductions of the seventh century B.C. warrior .. The museum collection is made up of a medieval section of antique dealers. The antiquarium houses artifacts and relics from the main churches of Guardiagrele. Among the most characteristic we note the two stone lions, from the church of St. Nicholas, and the capital in limestone. The Museum houses temporary exhibitions and guided tours and workshops held by the "Archeoclub" Guardiagrele.