Musei Di Strada Nuova Lomellino Palace
The Palace was built by the willà Nicolosio Lomellino between 1563 and 1569 approximately, of the Lombard architect project John the Baptist called the Bergamasco. In 1550, to meet the demand of some Genoese aristocratic families, it was designed a new road - today's Via Garibaldi - to join the medieval city center and areas to the east, creating così to a new magnificence district. The old 'New Road of Palaces' in fact became an elite area, where the aristocracy of the cityà ;, satisfying their desire for self-congratulation, he competed in commissioning elegant mansions the più important architects of the time, they could here and test innovative solutions to date. The lot on which stands our building, public land già Luca Grimaldi, was initially bought by the Gentile family in 1559, at the first public auction of the land; pass memorize options; then to Lomellino in 1563, which immediately began the campaign work. The client Nicolosio Lomellino had amassed a huge fortune by investing, together with his brother Francesco, in the lucrative coral fishing Tunisian island of Tabarca. According to the latest Pesenti reconstruction of the Palace was purchased in December 1609 by Luigi centurion, while switching to the Pallaviciniè It has been dated correctly by the writer in 1711, thanks to the discovery of new archival papers (Manzitti, Priarone c.d.s.). After a brief period of propertyà Ray, in 1865 the Baron Andrea Podestaà ;, figurehead of Genoa in time and three times mayor of the cityà ;,ì acquis; property, which for direct descendantsè reached to the current owners.