Last Supper of Fuligno
The Cenacolo del Fuligno is located in the historic center of Florence and is considered a treasure trove of medieval beauty and art .
The Cenacolo del Fuligno founded at the beginning of the fourteenth century and then renovated around 1430 was the monumental refectory of the convent of the Franciscan tertiary women of Beata Angelina da Foligno.
Adorned with a fifteenth-century fresco depicting the Last Supper with the Oration of Christ in the Garden in the background, attributed to Pietro Perugino, it was used as a museum since the nineteenth century. In 1855 the Egyptian Museum was opened there, on 12 March 1871 the Etruscan Museum, in 1894 the Feroni collection. After the flood of 1966, the damaged works of art were deposited and then reopened in 1990, bringing together in the main room also frescoes by Bicci di Lorenzo (around 1430) from other rooms of the ancient convent of Fuligno and a wooden crucifix by Benedetto da Maiano, now relocated to the adjacent former convent.
Currently, the Cenacolo del Fuligno houses, in addition to the Assumption of the Virgin by Valerio Marucelli , once on the main altar of the church of Sant'Onofrio, the Crucifixion and fifteenth-sixteenth century paintings , testimony to the spread of Perugianism in Tuscany and Italy.