The Annunziata Chapel
The Chapel of Ss. Annunziata in Cori, built in 1411 by the powerful Spanish cardinal Pedro Fernandez De Frias, was part of a complex of medieval origin built in the early thirteenth century near the city center. The Chapel of rectangular shape with a large vaulted ceiling is painted entirely and represents one of the most important pictorial decorations of the late Gothic of Lazio. The client was also arcipresbitero Cardinal of St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican, and he had decorated the chapel according to the iconographic models depicted in the Vatican's medieval church. A complex history of patronage and patronage continued and completed the decoration of the walls to the death of Cardinal de Frias in 1420. Another two Spanish cardinals, Alfonso Carrillo de Albornoz and Juan de Cervantes Llora, did complete the work with the noble Juan de Tovar , leaving their arms together with that of the crown of Castile, region of origin of all actors. Even the municipality of Cori participated in the pictorial decoration commissioning to the painter Pietro privernate Coleberti the grandiose Judgment on the counter, made around 1430. Another maestranza realized the majestic figures of Apostles in the lower register that for the pictorial quality were attributed to a collaborator the great Florentine painter Masolino da Panicale, Masaccio's companion in Rome and Florence.