spinner-caricamento
Share

The Historical Museum Giuseppe Garibaldi develops within Olginati Palace, which dates from the fifteenth century, but has undergone several renovations, the last of which in the mid-nineteenth century. The building, along with the furniture and furnishings in the building, was donated to the City of Como thanks to the legacy of the last descendant of the family Olginati, Carlotta, provided there was set up "to be dedicated to a museum in memory of Giuseppe Garibaldi living there that the General did "in 1866. the museum has two main sections: the first is dedicated mainly to the historical events of the Risorgimento and illustrates the main stages of Como and Italian history, from the first insurrectional movements through the wars of independence and figure of Garibaldi to the two world wars. The second section includes textiles, clothing items, furniture and other miscellaneous objects documenting aspects of life lariana between the seventeenth and twentieth centuries.

Timetable and tickets

Address

Piazza Medaglie d'Oro, 1
22100 Como

Contacts

Non sei ancora registrato?

Non perdere di vista le migliori mostre e gli appuntamenti più interessanti!

registrati

Other museums in Como

Related searches