The Etruscan lady of Fraore: in 1864, along the Via Emilia and not far from crossing the Taro river, the first Etruscan site in the Parma area was found. The objects recovered and exhibited in the museum are extraordinary, but the news of the time is unfortunately sparse: they speak of a "burial mound", therefore of an imposing tomb, which goes well with the richness of the finds.
The kit included the typical symposium service, with two knives and an iron spit, bronze vases of different sizes and shapes (to mix and mix water and wine) and a gold and silver jewelery set, consisting of a ring, earrings and "fibulae" (brooches for suits). The shapes of the jewelry reveal inspiration (or origin?) From different areas. The earrings, in gold with a female head termination and applied granules, immediately appear to us Etruscan and just as typical of the Etruscan area of Felsina (today Bologna) are also the two simpler silver fibulae. The other large silver fibula and the two gold fibulae are much more elaborate: the "meandering" arch and the "crease stop" disc were in vogue among women's accessories in north-western Italy, an area of non-Etruscan culture , but Celtic.
The tomb therefore belonged to a high-ranking woman who probably lived, between 450 and 400 BC, in one of the small settlements that have recently been identified in the same area.
Some aristocratic families must have resided in these inhabited areas who, in addition to having land tenure on the territory, exercised control over the main traffic routes along which exchanges between the Etruscan and Celtic worlds ran.