There are four bronze collars (whose diameter goes from 16 to 20 cm) donated in 1877 to the Museum of Antiquities by the Marquis Erminio Lalatta, who had found them in Fraore. It is likely that originally there were more (maybe 6?) And that not all of them were delivered. They undoubtedly constituted a "closet", ie a group of bronze objects intentionally hidden.
In the early Bronze Age, corresponding to the first centuries of the second millennium BC, most of the metal objects rather than carrying out a practical function constituted a status symbol for the few privileged owners. At the same time, bronze objects could, almost like today's ingots, constitute a "store of value"; hence the frequent use of concealing more or less conspicuous groups of artifacts.
In Emilia Romagna there are about ten known storerooms; they are distributed (it seems almost systematically) along the foothills of the region and most of them are made up of axes or daggers. That of Fraore is therefore an exception, being the only set of collars found south of the Po; “Treasures” of this type are in fact widespread only between Lombardy and southern Switzerland.
For a long time the storerooms were considered "reserves" of merchant-smelters, also due to their distribution along important traffic routes. Today, even without completely rejecting the hypothesis of their economic significance, we prefer to think that they were "votive deposits intended to mark the possession of a territory or to sanction pacts between two neighboring communities".