The Rice Mill of San Sabba on the outskirts of Trieste in the homonymous district, built in 1898. Originally the large complex was intended for husking rice, but during the Second World War was used as a police detention camp by the German SS. In the courtyard, right in front of the cells, on the area today marked by the metal plate, there was the building intended to deletions, whose outline is still visible on the central building with the crematorium. The plant, which is accessed down a staircase, was buried. A culvert, whose path is also marked by the steel plate, joined the oven to the chimney. Footprint metal of the chimney is now a symbolic Pietà composed of three metal sections to sign spiral of smoke coming out of the chimney. The building crematorium furnace and chimney connected were destroyed with dynamite by the fleeing Nazis, on the night between 29 and 30 April 1945, to destroy the evidence of their crimes, according to the practice in other areas when they abandonment. Today the Rice Mill is a place rich in history and a testimony of the horrors dictated by the Nazis as a tribute to all the innocent victims.