The Abbey Museum of Montevergine was born in the historic Abbey of Montevergine in the country, in the province of Avellino. The Museum was opened to the public in 1968 and after years of restoration and renovation of the building, only in 2000 will reach the final full opening of the museum rooms. The museum exhibition is divided into four thematic areas and is divided on two floors. The path is made attractive by the presence of three windows in the hall of the former - monastic refectory, which offers an attractive view over the city of Avellino and across the valley. The works on display are all the remains that were collected by the monks during the collapse of the abbey in 1629. The monks recovered pieces of architecture and sculpture, votive tablets and nativity scenes. These are in addition to the numerous archaeological finds now on display in the Museum.