Litta Palace is a historic building, considered one of the examples of Baroque architecture in Milan. Commissioned by Bartolomeo III Arese building was the beginning of '600. According to historical sources it is thought that the Palace was enlarged by Ricchino between 1642 and 1646. After the death of Bartolomeo Arese and no male heir, the building passed into the hands of the families Visconti and Borromeo, the respective spouses of the two daughters. Even the last descendant of the family died without sons, and accordingly it fell to the palace and Pompeo Litta families and spouses of the two daughters. With the Litta family had different extensions of the building since 1752. In particular, the façade was rebuilt in the Rococo style, which ended in 1763. Of great interest are the interiors with grand staircase of honor and the main floor. One of the most beautiful rooms is the "hall of mirrors", whose walls are completely covered with mirrors. Today the building is home to the Regional Directorate of the Museums of Lombardy and the Superintendent archeology and fine arts landscape for the City of Milan subway.