The Marino Marini Museum in Florence is located in the city center. The Museum is located in San Pancrazio we ask medieval deconsecrated in 1808. Of the medieval period has preserved the Rucellai Chapel built for Giovanni di Paolo Rucellai by Leon Battista Alberti. The small chapel is one of the wonders of the Florentine Renaissance jewel of Alberti. The shrine of the tomb was located in the left chapel of the church, where it is now preserved. Starting from 1600 the church underwent considerable transformations: the nave was divided with a metal slab and the inner facade was partially demolished. Thanks to the restoration occurred in 1982 it was possible to recover and adapt the architecture for exhibition purposes. The project has made possible the expansion of the main hall and the creation of walkways and stairs. Today, the Museum is dedicated to contemporary artist Marino Marini and its sculptures. The museum exhibition evokes the drama of the works of Marino with its dancers, the dancers and the number of animals. The average small sculptures are housed upstairs and represent an important activity as a portraitist.