Museum of Ceramic Art
Inaugurated on 1 June 2007, the Museum of Ceramic Art is located next to the Romanesque church of San Tommaso. The rich municipal collections and the precious artifacts granted in deposit by the Foundation of the Cassa di Risparmio di Ascoli Piceno and by the Matricardi family have found their place in the evocative rooms and in the cloister.
The museum is divided into five sections that allow you to retrace the events of ceramic production in Ascoli Piceno, from archaic majolica basins dating back to the 15th century, to the productions of the 19th and 20th centuries: vases, plates, urns, cafeterias, cups made by the Paci (1808-1856), and by the Matricardi manufactures (1920-1929) and FAMA
In the section dedicated to the legacy of Antonio Ceci (a doctor and collector from Ascoli) donated in 1920 to the Municipality of Ascoli, objects from the manufactures of Deruta, Faenza, Montelupo, Savona and Genoa are conserved.
Of notable importance is the section dedicated to the series of tiles painted by the major Castellan artists Francesco and Carlo Antonio Grue and Berardino Gentili, coming from the convent of Sant'Angelo Magno in Ascoli. The Museum has a well-equipped laboratory equipped with a lathe and ovens.