"Book of Hours". Inc. Pal. 330.
The volume, which can be dated back to at least 1505, is part of a lot of liturgical works in Gothic characters printed on parchment, mostly by Parisian typographers between the 15th and 16th centuries, which belonged to Duke Don Ferdinando and remained in the Reggia di Colorno until 1854. This edition , printed by Guillame Anabat for the booksellers Gillet and Germain Hardouin, has numerous illuminated and gilded illustrations; even the initials and paragraph signs were colored in red and blue and completed with gold retouches. The binding, in red morocco, belongs to a prominent figure, as demonstrated by various details. Among them we note the presence on the reverse of the front endpaper of the Farnese coat of arms, surmounted by the ducal crown. This detail would lead back to an owner of this family and to a passage of the volume, separated from the collection transferred to Naples with Don Carlo, in the collections of the House of Bourbon Parma, through Elisabetta Farnese, grandmother of Don Ferdinando.