The cast depicts a naked boxer, sitting and resting, with the part of the body moved forward, the legs apart, the feet resting on the ground only with the heel and with the external margin of the sole, the arms rigidly resting on the thighs, the head raised and turned to the right. Especially in the latter, with beard and hair in thick twisted locks, traces of the character's activity are evident: the upper teeth fallen or moved, the right eye swollen, the ears swollen from blows and covered with wounds. To his head corresponds the stocky and heavy body. Each of the hands is protected by a glove, which leaves the fingers uncovered at their ends and is armed with the caestus typical of boxers, formed by a complex structure of bands and leather that surround the joint of the hand and part of the forearm. The original bronze work, from which the cast derives, is now preserved in the National Roman Museum, found in Rome in 1885 in via IV Novembre. The statue is believed to be a late Hellenistic Greek original from the first half of the 1st century. BC, the work of an eclectic sculptor.