The work was the sepulchral urn of Blessed Marcolino and was once located inside the church of San Giacomo Apostolo of the Dominican convent of Forlì. With the subversive laws of the Kingdom of Italy, the ark was acquired in the collections of the civic art gallery, while the remains of the Blessed were moved to the Cathedral, where today they are venerated in an urn in the chapel dedicated to Sant'Anna.
The urn is dated to 1458 and is only partially the work of Antonio Rossellino. The figurines of the Annunciation, Temperance, Justice and the angels on the sarcophagus are attributable to him, while other parts could belong to the hand of his brother Giovanni.
Texts: Lorenza Montanari, Martina Neri - Museums Unit of the Municipality of Forlì