The GAM of Turin offers the public an exhibition to rediscover an important painting from its collections, never exhibited for thirty-eight years. This is the majestic Fiera di Saluzzo (17th century), presented by Carlo Pittara in 1880 at the IV National Exhibition of Fine Arts in Turin, which evokes a 17th century fair with animals, set just outside the walls of Saluzzo, with monumental dimensions: 4 , 08 meters high by 8.11 meters wide.
In June 1880 , during the Exhibition, the painting was purchased by Baron Ignazio Weil-Weiss and only in 1917 did it become part of the collections of the Turin GAM. The work was exhibited for the last time in the summer of 1981 at Palazzo Madama, as part of the Alfredo d'Andrade exhibition. Protection and restoration, the canvas was then wrapped on a roll and placed in the deposits of the Museum where it has been preserved until today.