Pinacoteca dell'Accademia Albertina di belle arti
Situated in 1837 in the spaces of’ Albertina Academy of Fine Arts, the Art Gallery was established with finalità educational openly, as attested by two important nuclei that from the beginning it up: the picture gallery of’ Archbishop Vincenzo Maria Mossi from Morano, rich in more than two hundred paintings, and the fifty cartons sixteenth collection of Gaudenzio Ferrari and his school, donated by Carlo Alberto. L’ one and l’ another nucleus had in fact, for explicit willingnessà donors, being an integral part of the’ art education of students.The first five rooms are dedicated to paintings of the Mossi collection of Morano, with the likes of Four-sixteenth century Florentine school, as Filippo Lippi, and Piedmont, which Martino Spanzotti and Defendente Ferrari; painters such as Caravaggio and Bartolomeo Cavarozzi Mattia Preti; Flemish and Italian seventeenth and landscape painters of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. L’ next environment marks a kind of hinge between the donation Mossi di Morano and environments dedicated to the history of’ Academy, in fact, welcomes the copies of paintings celebrated– Caravaggio, Guido Reni, Rubens– forming a sort of Olympus Masters considered exalted by classical culture and Painting. The second part of the exhibitionè dedicated to the works of masters and students of’ Turin Academy of the eighteenth and early nineteenth century and other important donations and acquisitions, followed by the Cartoons Gaudenzian, one of the più important collections in the world of drawings of the sixteenth century. To complete the’ offer important temporary exhibitions and events are regularly organized in the halls of the Art Gallery.