spinner-caricamento
Share

Accademia Di Belle Arti Gallery In Naples

The Accademia di Belle Arti Gallery in Naples is located in San Lorenzo, in the central area of ​​the city. The Accademia Gallery was founded in 1864 and is located in the building that houses the Academy of Fine Arts. The Academy Gallery houses a collection of works from '500 to' 900, mostly have been created by students who attended the academy in '800. In addition to the historical gallery is the Gipsoteca with hundreds of pieces. The collection is composed of works donated by Filippo Palizzi and made part of artists like Henri Rousseau and Jean - Baptiste Camille Corot. In addition, there is an important and significant collection of sculptures, drawings and watercolors especially the Neapolitan school from 1500 to 1700. Among the most important works are "Saint Catherine" by Mattia Preti, "St. Jerome" by Jusepe de Ribera and a " Christ expels the merchants from the temple "Viviano Codazzi. Section 1800 of the works are the most numerous and bear witness to the important role that the Academy has had over the course of that century. Of all there are many sculptures by Vincenzo Gemito bronze, marble and terracotta.

Timetable and tickets

Address

Via Costantinopoli, 107
Napoli

Non sei ancora registrato?

Non perdere di vista le migliori mostre e gli appuntamenti più interessanti!

registrati

Other museums in Napoli

Related searches