Share

Dugnani Palace is a historical building located in Milan, dating from the eighteenth century, then restored during the next century rococo. The palace was built by Cavalchini family and remained there until 1730, the year of the sale of the building to the Casati family. In this period he was called the Tiepolo to fresco the ceiling of the Ballroom with storytelling and Massinissa Scipio, in order to celebrate the same Casati family. The frescoes were snatched in 1944 for fear that were damaged during World War II. Today we are on the canvas in the same positions in the original palace. In 1753, it was sold to the Dugnani family that made the house one of the largest cultural centers of Milan thought of the eighteenth century. In 1835, the death of the last heir Dugnani, the building passed into the hands of Giovanni Vimercati. the Vimercati will set up a small natural history museum due to its personal nature collection. Ten years later, the building was sold to the City of Milan and until 1977 housed the Municipal School Female Alessandro Manzoni. Today it houses the Museum of Cinema, the laboratories of the Serre and some temporary exhibitions.

Timetable and tickets

Address

Via Daniele Manin, 2
20121 Milano

Non sei ancora registrato?

Non perdere di vista le migliori mostre e gli appuntamenti più interessanti!

registrati

Other museums in Milano

Related searches

spinner-caricamento