The Carlo Emilio Mangini Foundation was founded in 1985 by the Milanese collector Carlo Emilio Mangini. Mangini traveled through Europe purchasing the works and objects from the past that today make up his collection. His son Joseph, after the premature death of his father, carried on the family tradition and enriched the collections of precious objects. The current headquarters has an ancient history, dating back to the first documentation in 1418. It is thought that the house of the Foundation arise on the area that was once adjacent to the ancient Roman Forum, where he currently is the Biblioteca Ambrosiana. The excavations and archaeological investigations have brought to light finds of the period between the II - III century BC until the fourth - fifth century d.C .. The Foundation moved immediately to recover archaeological finds that were enjoyed during the visit to the Museum. The museum offers the possibility to dive into the past of Roman history, thanks to ancient ruins and relics, and modern collectibles. The permanent collection offers top boxes, playing cards, fans, weapons, oil lamps, inkwells, shaving bowls, keys, games, notary deposit boxes, church objects, archaeological objects, clothes and much more.