Civic Museums of Forlì - Palazzo Romagnoli
Palazzo Romagnoli is located in the oldest part of the city of Forlì, of which it still retains memory: two tombs and tall tomb structures testify to the presence of a late Roman burial ground. The Prefect of Napoleon, Lorenzo Romagnoli, settled in the palace in 1805. In 1965 the Palazzo was sold by the family to the Municipality of Forlì. Inside Palazzo Romagnoli the Civic Collections of the twentieth century are exhibited. The entire ground floor is dedicated to the permanent exhibition of the prestigious Verzocchi Collection. This Collection, born from the will of an affirmed entrepreneur of Forlì origin, collects seventy paintings by Italian artists of different generations and different artistic trends, from Guttuso to Donghi, from Vedova to De Chirico, united by the same thread: work The visit continues on the first floor with the exhibition sections regarding important twentieth-century components of the civic art gallery: these are the pictorial and graphic works of Giorgio Morandi from the "Righini Donation"; of the famous plastic series linked to the name of Adolfo Wildt and of the section "La Grande Romagna", paintings and sculptures of the twentieth century, largely unknown to the general public, gathered here in special thematic areas.